Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Fulbright Buddy: Eija

Today was a special day -- met "my buddy" Eija Kauppinen at the National Board of Education (NBE). Eija went to the U.S. last year with the Fulbright Distinguished Awards in Teaching program so she can understands better than most what I will try to accomplish. Eija is a counselor with music education with Finland's NBE. We had lunch at the NBE, Eija shared her experiences in the U.S. and I had a chance to explain my goals and plans for my project in Finland. After lunch, Eija took me upstairs to meet Leo Pahkin, Counsellor of Mathematics Education at the Finnish National Board of Education. Leo recommended some schools to visit and also welcomed me to return and discuss my experiences visiting mathematics teachers in Finland. Another great day with access to important, collaborative decision makers with education in Finland.

No comments:

Post a Comment