Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Bureaucracy - here too, but LESS

So.. in just a few weeks... I have secured my bank account, my Finnish ID number, my public library card, my University ID, my University of Helsinki library card, my post office registration, but my university computer account... avades me... To expedite my work at the university I need an AD account, but the powers that be first required another form, then a return visit (when they were closed) and finally, I got it! I have taken bureaucracy for granted in Finaland because I have lost count with the numerous, welcoming & helpful friends who have expedited my requests and taught me in the process. I am not complaining, but starting to realize that there are some areas that could be improved in Finland too.

No comments:

Post a Comment