Thursday, February 9, 2012

Department Reception - Thanks Heidi!

My advisor Heidi organized a wine & cheese reception for the whole Department of Teacher Education to welcome all the new faces -- including mine -- and to enable us to plan future meetings and collaboration.

I had a chance to talk in more depth (and plan future 1:1 discussions) with professors about mathematics tasks, inquiry-based learning, assessment, special education, student discourse, teacher training, and Finnish public schools. In many ways, it reminded me of my "teacher therapy" sessions that I have (not often enough) with Chicago teacher friends over beer & pizza. So often these informal talks are more productive being insightful, helpful, and encouraging. For me today, I was able to start or build on relationships so that I can meet with educators, get their insights and advice, and use my time more efficiently.

Heidi, again, you have gone above & beyond -- Kiitos!

No comments:

Post a Comment